We provide comprehensive care to adults with diabetes, including:
- type 1 diabetes
- type 2 diabetes
- gestational diabetes.
Our service has diabetes nurse educators, dietitians, podiatrists, social workers, physiotherapists, psychologists and Indigenous health workers. We will work with you to:
- improve your knowledge and understanding of diabetes
- provide education, resources and advice
- improve your self-confidence and enable you to self-manage your diabetes
- provide group education
- promote a better sense of health and independence across your whole life
- demonstrate and discuss current resources that are available to help you, e.g. blood glucose meters and insulin delivery devices.
Any adult who has been diagnosed with diabetes can contact our service. A medical referral is not required, and there is no cost for the service.