The Metro South Health RSS awards excellence in research that translates research discoveries into health and medical outcomes. To apply for the Metro South Health RSS you must:
- Be employed by Metro South Health at the time of submitting an application and for the duration of the grant
- Review the relevant year’s Funding Guideline (as attached above)
- Review eligibility and assessment criteria
- Review the Metro South Health Research Support Scheme Procedure (PR2017/120)
- Complete the relevant year’s RSS application form (via SmartyGrants link above)
- Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered
The assessment of Metro South Health RSS grant applications will be in accordance with provisions outlined within the Metro South Health RSS Evaluation Plan for that year. The approval of funding will be subject to the following conditions:
- Proposals must be research project-specific
- Applications must contain a detailed budget justification in line with the budget proposal (ie funding cannot be spent on unspecified or unrelated items)
- Research funding will be available for the period of the offer, with any unspent monies to be returned to the relevant funding body. An extention to the research funding end date may be available if requested in writing.
Please see the relevant Metro South Health RSS Funding Guidelines (included in the Annual Spotlight) for information regarding the year’s funding categories.
Metro South Health RSS research fund recipients and applicants will be invited to and are encouraged to attend the annual Metro South Health RSS Grants Announcement function coordinated by the Metro South Health Research Support Coordinator and Grants Administration Office. Please see the above Annual Spotlight for more information or contact the Metro South Research Support Coordinator for more information.