ERM frequently asked questions
Where do I find more information regarding the ERM software?
What account do I use for ERM?
- If you have an existing ‘Online Forms’ account — with the previous ethics/governance portal — you must use this account when logging into ERM. This way all your current studies will be accessible. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to your current studies.
- If you have forgotten your log-in details/password, please contact the Infonetica Helpdesk via firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance rather than creating a new account.
- If you have not used Online Forms before, please create a new account.
What do I use ERM for?
- All submissions to both Ethics and Research Governance must be made via this online portal including: new applications (Standard, Low or Negligible Risk), SSA applications, amendments, progress reports, safety reports etc.
- Emails sent to the Centres for Health Research with documents attached will be redirected to submit via ERM. Submissions will not be processed outside of ERM.
- Submissions within the old online forms website can still be accessed in a read-only form -do not use for new submissions. If you submit via this old site, our office will not receive it.
I wish to submit a case report/exemption/audit/negligible risk application, do I have to use ERM?
- Yes, all submissions must go through this portal for review, no matter how ‘minor’ they are.
- For the above types of submissions, you select Create new project > Queensland > LNR Form. Work your way through the ‘Pre-LNR questions” and at Question 6 please indicate “Yes” to seeking exemption from ethics review.
- You will then be able to upload the Negligible Risk Form and not need to complete the rest of the LNR nor an SSA.
Can I submit my SSA at the same time as ethics on ERM?
- Yes, the ERM system allows for parallel submission
- To create the SSA, open the project, select the HREA on the project tree, select create sub-form on the action tile, then follow the information prompts
I wish to submit an Amendment/Report/Notification to the RGO, do I have to use ERM?
- Yes, for the above submissions, select the SSA on the project tree, then select sub-form from the action tile and follow the prompts (amendments are submitted under the option “Post Authorisation Notification Form”)
I have a study approved by Ethics in NSW/SA/WA/TAS/NT, how do I submit my SSA?
- In ERM select the Create Project Action tile, type the name of the study, select “QLD”, select Create MDF (Minimum Data Form), then Select the MDF on the Project Tree, Create the sub-form from the action tile, then select “SSA Form QLD”, and follow the prompts.