Information for researchers intending to submit a HREC or SSA application during the period June–July 2018
The Queensland Department of Health has mandated the introduction of new electronic systems for all HREC and SSA applications. Metro South Health and all health services are required to use these new systems.
Please note changes to processes and deadlines for HREC or SSA applications (PDF, 54.16 KB) during June and July 2018.
Immediate impact on workflows
- Please see the Education page for information regarding training for researchers
- Emails sent to the Centres for Health Research with documents attached will be redirected to submit via ERM
- All current MSF forms will no longer be required except Negligible Risk and Research Contract Approval and Study Execution Form
- Negligible Risk applications are to be submitted via email this may change at a later date)
- Research Contract Approval and Study Execution Forms are to be uploaded into the submission as a supporting document
- Post approval submission forms are embedded into the system - only supporting documents will need to be submitted
- MS Research Ethics and Governance office will accept the following signatures:
- ‘Wet ink’ signatures that have then been scanned and uploaded against a submission
- Letter or email of support ( please be sure to include the appropriate study reference details)
- Electronic signatures
- The old online forms can still be accessed in a read-only form, to access previously submitted applications - do not use for new submissions
- Our website will be amended as soon as possible to reflect these changes as well as have the links to the new system