More information about the SPSS trial
The trial is coordinated by both the QEII and Community and Oral Health Research Navigators, in which both roles are required to develop research capacity and capability at their respective sites.
During the two-year trial, data will be captured on the usage to plan for ongoing funding should there be a need. It has been acknowledged most employees who conduct research and need a data analysis software are required to:
- embed it into their grant application
- are required to be affiliated with a university; or
- only have the option to utilise software that does not provide high quality data output.
It is also envisioned this trial will provide further benefits such as:
- Support and guide clinicians to use data to drive innovative evidence-based health care that is focussed on improving patient outcomes (MSH Patient Safety and Quality Strategy 2021-2024).
- Ensuring information held by Metro South Health is kept internally.
How to request SPSS access
A request to access SPSS can be made by completing a short 2 minute online ‘SPSS Access Form’ accessible via this link.
For more information regarding the Metro South Biostatistics Service and SPSS Training offerings please see our Education webpage.