Metro South Biostatistics Service
Metro South Biostatistics Service offers a range of one-on-one services to Metro South Health clinicians and researchers on a range of topics including:
- longitudinal data analysis
- survival analysis
- analysing categorical outcome variables
- tests for multiple measurement variables
- statistical inference - tests for categorical and continuous variables
- descriptive statistics and presentation of data
- sample size and power calculations
- designing studies and surveys
A resident biostatistician is available for consultations every weekday and can provide advice on:
- experimental design
- data mining
- data presentation
- statistical analysis
- data integration
The provider for this service is the Queensland Facility for Advanced Bioinformatics (QFAB), University of Queensland. Bookings and enquiries can be made directly on QFAB’s website and the biostatistician can be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When sharing data with the biostatistics service please share only encrypted data (especially when working remotely). Please see Queensland Health Passwords and encryptions for more information.
Metro South Biostatistics Education
The Metro South Biostatistics Service delivers a number of workshops and seminars for Metro South employees each year.
2021 course dates
- Biostats Seminar Series: each Monday from 17 May to 7 June 2021, TRI room 2003.
- Biostats for Grants Workshop: 14 June 2021, online via MS Teams.
See Metro South Research Events for more information and link to REGISTER.
The Metro South Biostats Service and annual seminars and workshops are funded by the Metro South Health Study, Education and Research Trust Account (SERTA).