The Centres for Health Research is the coordinating body for research at the Princess Alexandra Hospital (PAH). It also serves the rest of Metro South Health through the Metro South Health Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC).
We foster all forms of research across the PAH campus—from basic biomedical to translational, clinical, health service and population health research.
- advice and support to researchers and clinicians
- promotion of funding opportunities and assistance with developing grant applications
- pre- and post-award administration of research grants
- assistance with intellectual property and contractual agreements
- administration of research governance and ethics processes, including hosting the Metro South Hospital and Health Service Human Research Ethics Committee (HREC).