Logan Hospital's Rehabilitation Unit is a 24 bed sub-acute, general adult rehabilitation inpatient ward, situated on the third floor of Building 3.
We enable people who have experienced significant illnesses or injuries to regain their physical and emotional health in a holistic and positive environment.
Our mission is to:
- Provide comprehensive, goal-oriented, patient-centred and evidence-based multidisciplinary rehabilitation care.
- Work in partnership with patients and their significant others to promote independence and maximise function.
- Maintain fairness and equity in care provision to all peoples, regardless of personal health history, race, culture or socio-economic status.
- Maintain a highly qualified, collegial, rehabilitation team, with a positive workplace culture.
- Work collaboratively with other services, ensuring patients receive the most effective and efficient care across the continuum.
- Foster a culture of innovation in practice, focusing on service improvement and consumer engagement.
Facilities and equipment
The rehabilitation unit is designed to be a safe learning environment for retraining of lost skills. It is equipped to meet rehabilitation needs. Specialised features include:
- bariatric management room including ceiling hoist, bariatric tilt table bed, shower and toilet
- cognitive therapy room
- speech pathology treatment area including computer access
- body weight support treadmill and gait retraining equipment
- designated patient dining room and lounge
- independent living unit
- kitchen, bathroom and laundry training facilities.
A full range of multidisciplinary team members with an appropriate skill base and training to provide comprehensive, contemporary programs of care are available to address the rehabilitation patient’s impairments, activity limitations and participation restrictions. The team includes the following disciplines:
- Rehabilitation and Geriatric Doctors
- Rehabilitation Nursing
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Pathology
- Social Work
- Nutrition and Dietetics