What are GP Smart Referrals?
Smart Referrals are digital referrals integrated with Best Practice and Medical Director software to enable faster, streamlined referrals to Queensland public hospitals.
Smart Referrals make it quicker and easier for General Practitioners (GPs) to refer their patients for specialist outpatient services ensuring referrals will be sent to the right place, first time and with all the essential referral information needed to accurately categorise as per Metro South Health Refer Your Patient website.
To find out more, watch a short 5 minute Introduction to Smart Referrals video
Key features and benefits for GPs include:
- Condition specific templates that auto-populate required test results from the patient file in the Practice Management Software to assist GPs to provide the essential referral information. This ensures nothing is missed, no rework or double handling and saves practice unnecessary administrative time.
- An easy way to attach documents from the computer or clinical software. The system is capable of accepting large files (up to 25MB) and a variety of file types (e.g. images, PDF, Word documents from clinical record or computer).
- A comprehensive service directory that lists locations where services are offered and estimated wait times.
- Track and receive electronic updates into your Practice Management Software about where the referral is at along the continuum.
- Integrates with HealthPathways.
Smart Referrals ultimately provides digital capacity to facilitate the seamless receipt, registration and triage of specialist outpatient referrals allowing for improved referral communication, workflow efficiency, and streamlined processing.
Smart Referrals are a Queensland Health initiative and an important step in digital healthcare, creating a connected modern health system for Queenslanders. Smart referrals are a Queensland Health initiative. Brisbane South GPs can use smart referrals to refer not only to Metro South Health but also Mater, Children’s Health Queensland and most neighbouring Hospital and Health Services.
Contact and Support
The MSH GP Smart Referrals Project Team are here to assist and support you through the Smart Referral process.
Ph: 07 3156 4320
For existing practices onboarded with GP Smart Referrals with a general enquiry please click here
Practice Registration and Set up
Practice registration and set up is required to access Smart Referrals.
Three steps and you are ready:
1. Complete Practice Registration and Terms of Access
2. Email completed forms to email@example.com