The Metro South Health (MSH) GPLO program works to strengthen the partnership between primary, community and secondary care to improve health outcomes for the community.
GPLOs are in a unique position at the interface of primary care and Metro South Health to provide guidance and support to both primary and hospital sectors to promote healthcare integration and innovation.
The GPLO team have expertise and understanding of the working healthcare environment and processes of primary care and HHSs. GPLOs provide this specialist knowledge to MSH committees, departments and clinicians to enhance the interface, address concerns, and assist primary care with navigating Metro South Health outpatient services.
MSH GPLOs collaborate with the Brisbane South PHN to establish and promote relationships at the interface through phone support, face-to-face primary care practice visits and coordination of resources and communication channels with primary care.
This aligns with the vision and strategic intent of the Metro South Health Strategic Plan and Queensland Health Specialist Outpatient Strategy – improving the patient journey by 2020.
- Provide direct contact point for General Practice to navigate Metro South Health outpatient services and referral processes for optimal patient care
- Enhance the patient journey by coordinating and improving the communication between primary and secondary care.
- Engage and support clinicians and staff to implement improvement initiatives or adapt existing models of care for best patient care and healthcare integration
- Support primary care clinicians with specific queries and escalation point for GP feedback across Metro South Health
- Identify and address service gaps especially at the interface between primary and specialist outpatient care, including collaboration with and promotion of SpotOnHealth Health Pathways
- Support clinical outpatient handover between primary and secondary care, including electronic transmission and secure messaging
- Support the MSH Central Referral Hub and Outpatient Departments in delivering key messages and initiatives in the outpatient journey
Metro South GPLO Team is here to assist
The GP Liaison Officers (GPLOs) are available to support and assist GPs, practice managers and staff with:
- face to face, phone or email support
- assistance with registration to the Health Provider Portal to gain read-only online access to your patients’ Queensland Health (QH) records
- providing information and guidance on referral pathways and navigating Metro South Health services
- supporting clinical handover between primary and secondary care, including assistance with electronic transmission, STS addressbook and secure messaging
- being an escalation point and communication pathway for feedback.
- 1300 364 155 – option 2
- 07 3156 4349
- 07 3156 4378