Primary school-aged children throughout the region have risen to the challenge of naming the 37-metre high crane that’s building Redland Hospital’s new multi-level car park.
Five finalists were chosen from 20 imaginative entries in the hospital’s ‘Name the Crane’ competition:
- Big Red: Shane - Grade 4, Redland Bay State School
- Carrie: Bridie – Grade 4, Dunwich State School
- Cornelius: Oliver – Grade 2, Ormiston State School
- Big Friendly Crane (The BFC): Cooper – Grade 3, Mount Cotton School
- Cranky: Cooper – Prep, Cleveland
Thank you to our local community for your help in choosing a winner.
Congratulations Bridie Owen, who is in Grade 5 at Dunwich State School, for naming the crane - "Carrie".
Ten-year-old Bridie suggested the name, saying: “Carrie is a girls’ name and that is good for a crane because they ‘Carrie’ things high up off the ground and because girls are strong.”
"Carrie" is now proudly displayed on the crane - and will be in place throughout 2022 as construction work continues on the car park.