Visitors are able to attend our facilities in Metro South Health.
Please refer to our hospital visitor restrictions for current information on visitation restrictions at our facilities and mask requirements.
Mask requirements / physical distancing
All patients and visitors/support persons (where tolerated) must maintain physical distancing where possible and wear a face mask, if safe to do so, if they cannot stay 1.5m apart from other people. Density rules allow one person per two square metres (2m2). You will be required to check in using the Check in Qld app when visiting the hospital. Hospital staff need to adhere to appropriate PPE requirements.
You must not visit hospital if you:
- have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or asked to quarantine
- have had contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- have been overseas (excluding safe travel zone countries) or visited a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days
- are waiting on COVID-19 test results (except for tests due to surveillance testing obligations)
- are unwell in any way, particularly with a fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath
- are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, unless their quarantine period has ended
- have been to an interstate exposure venue in the last 14 days.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
Standard visiting hours
Our visiting hours vary from ward to ward but are generally:
Specific ward visiting hours
|Canaipa Ward (Cardiac and HDU)||11am to 8pm|
|Haemodialysis Unit (Renal)||Open visiting|
|HDU (High Dependency Unit)||11am to 2pm and 4 pm to 8 pm|
|Karragarra Ward (Women and Birthing)||7am to 10pm for fathers only|
11 am to 2pm and 4pm to 8pm for general visiting
2pm to 4 pm is mother's rest period
Birth suite: 3 people maximum with each labouring woman
|Lamb Ward (Children)||Parents unrestricted visiting, all other visitors at the discretion of staff, however no visitors (other than parents) after 8pm|
|Macleay Ward (Medical)|
(Special arrangements for palliative patients)
|11am to 8pm|
|Stradbroke Ward (Surgical)||11am to 8pm|
|Yugaipa Ward (Mental Health)||11am to 8pm|
Children who are visiting must be directly supervised by an adult visitor at all times.
Women and Birthing Unit
The Women and Birthing Unit has a rest period for women and their babies from 2pm to 4pm. Visitors are asked to leave the unit during this time. Parents whose babies are in the special care nursing may visit their baby at any time.