What we’re planning
Installation of modular units at the rear of QEII Hospital building to relocate administration services from the Ward 5A space.
- QEII Hospital has existing capacity to commission the additional inpatient unit within the current clinical footprint by relocating some functions from an area previously used as an inpatient ward to a modular building elsewhere on site.
- The modular units will be more quickly achieved for administration functions than a clinical area.
- July 2021: Accommodation movements within building footprint
- December 2021: Modular Unit installed on campus and administration relocation
- 4 April 2022: Executive Offices open
- 3 May 2022: Library and Training Rooms open
What to expect
As the modular unit is being installed at the rear of the building, the works will not be visible to members of the public attending the campus. A crane will be in place to install the modular unit. This will not affect access for the public but staff may experience some disruption to entrances nearby to the works zone.
There will be intermittent interruptions to front end functions in the hospital at any point. The hospital administration functions may experience some interruptions on the day of the move.