Relaxed Visitator Restrictions at our facilities due to COVID-19
Patients can have as many visitors at our hospitals at any one time, for any length of time within visiting hours, however it is important to note that some restrictions remain in certain areas of our hospital to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep you, our patients and our staff safe - which is our highest priority.
When you visit our hospitals
Visitors must practise physical distancing of 1.5 metres. You may be asked to check in and provide contact details when visiting the hospital.
You must not visit hospital if you:
- have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or asked to quarantine
- have had contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- have been overseas (excluding safe travel zone countries) or visited a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days
- are waiting on COVID-19 test results (except for tests due to surveillance testing obligations)
- are unwell in any way, particularly with a fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath.
At Princess Alexandra Hospital
Visitors are welcome between 10am - 8pm.
Additional restrictions apply for some wards, these include:
- Emergency Department, Transit Lounges and Outpatients - one support person
- Ward 5D, Intensive Care Unit, Haemodialysis Unit - two support people
- COVID-19 Inpatient Ward - no visitors
- For end-of-life support - two family members/carers can visit, once per day. Additional exemptions may be granted. Please phone the ward if you require special consideration.
We understand that there may be situations that will need special consideration and ask that you please call ahead to speak with staff in your ward/area.
Exceptions may be granted for patients in:
- Palliative Care/end-of-life care
- Intensive Care.