The main campus of Princess Alexandra Hospital is located at 199 Ipswich Road, Woolloongabba, a ten-minute drive south of Brisbane’s central business district.
- The main hospital building is accessible via the Ipswich Road entrance.
- There are alternative wheelchair access points at levels 1 and 2 via the Cornwall Street entrance.
- Emergency and after-hours admissions (between 8:30pm and 5:30am) are via the Emergency Department, accessible via the Cornwall Street entrance.
- Couriers with deliveries for the Supply Department should enter via O’Keefe Service Drive located off the Ipswich Road and O’Keefe Street intersection.
- Public bicycle parking sites available. Click here for more Information.
There are a number of options for travelling to Princess Alexandra Hospital by bus:
- The PA Hospital busway station is located on the hospital campus. There is a walkway leading directly from the station to the main hospital building. Regular bus routes through the PA Hospital busway station include: 66 (RBWH), 169 (Eight Mile Plains), 139 (Sunnybank Hills) and 209 (Carindale).
- Ipswich Road is a major bus route with frequent services to bus stations outside the hospital on Ipswich Road. There are also a number of bus stations on Cornwall Street.
- The Buranda busway station is a ten-minute walk from the hospital. This station provides services to and from the city centre and southern suburbs.
The nearest railway stations to Princess Alexandra Hospital are Dutton Park (Beenleigh line) and Buranda (Cleveland line). Park Road station (Beenleigh line) also has a link to the busway which delivers to PA Busway station. This station is wheelchair accessible and recommended for easier transit for patients with medical conditions or accessibility issues.
Print-friendly version of this information (PDF, 812.85 KB)
To tailor your specific journey options, use the journey planner at www.translink.com.au or call 13 12 30. TTY: call 13 36 77 and ask for 13 12 30.
Princess Alexandra Hospital has a shuttle bus for patients and visitors that runs regularly between Ipswich Road and the main hospital building. The bus is wheelchair accessible and has volunteers on hand to assist passengers. It operates every 10 minutes, Monday to Friday, 7.30am to 3.30pm.
PAH Shuttle Bus pick-up and drop-off map (PDF, 3.04 MB)
There are multiple car parks for your convenience, which staff and the public utilise.