Physiotherapists are health professionals who assist patients in meeting their full physical capabilities.
Physiotherapy treatment is directed towards maintaining and restoring normal function, minimising dysfunction and preventing disability. We do this by providing pain relief, enhancing movement patterns, restoring joint range and muscle function, maximising cardio-respiratory function and achieving functional independence.
Our physiotherapy team provides services in inpatient, outpatient and community settings.
Some of our clinical services include:
- functional retraining including mobility assessment and wheelchair skills
- management of respiratory conditions and symptoms
- management of musculoskeletal conditions and pain
- neurological, cardiac, pulmonary, vascular, heart failure and vestibular rehabilitation
- falls prevention
- pre-admission assessment and post-operative care
- exercise prescription
- lymphoedema management
- equipment prescription
- discharge planning.