The aim of this award is to recognise nurses throughout the hospital that display extraordinary performance in supporting PAH Nursing Services mission, vision and values to achieve strategic priorities.
To be eligible the applicant:
Submit a 50 word summary which addresses how your peer and/or colleague has contributed to achieving the PAH Nursing Services strategic priorities and is a role model to others. Please outline your summary under one of the following priorities:
Nursing strategic priorities
- Strategic Priority 1: Person Centred Care - Empowers the patient, and his/her family, carer or significant others through the provision of compassionate, collaborative and professional healthcare which is respectful of the person’s preferences, values and needs.
- Strategic Priority 2: Shared Governance - Involved in formal and informal shared decision making throughout the organisation and contributes to a broad range of topics to have a strong voice influencing patient care, safety, quality and integration of best practice.
- Strategic Priority 3: Teamwork - Recognises every member of the team is critical to deliver person centred care. Demonstrates strong team communication and collaboration to achieve highest standards of patient care.
- Strategic Priority 4: Quality and Safety - Is committed to individual accountability; partnerships with patients, families and care givers. Challenges the status quo and drives innovation to achieve the highest quality, cost effective and efficient care.
- Strategic Priority 5: Care Delivery - Promotes consistent, efficient and accountable nursing care. Practice is informed by evidence based standards, legislation, national and state safety priorities, and regulations. Advances nursing knowledge, skills and expertise to achieve the highest quality of care. Delivers models of care which meet the unique needs of patients, families or care givers.
- Strategic Priority 6: Development and Reward - Supports, promotes, and actively facilitates the ongoing development, reward and recognition of self and others. Recognises the importance of lifelong learning culture and promotes academic achievement, career advancement and role development.
Nurses are to nominate a nursing colleague. Please nominate by completing the online nomination form below. The Centre of Nursing Excellence (CNE) is accountable for coordinating this award.
- Submissions open: Monday, 24 February 2020
- Submissions close: Wednesday, 6 May 2020
Decision making governance process
- The CNE will be accountable to obtain and compile the list of nominations.
- All nominations will be tabled at the Nursing Director/Assistant Director of Nursing (ND/ADON) Committee Meeting for endorsement.
Reward and recognition
- Nurses meeting the eligibility criteria will be acknowledged on International Nurses Day and presented with a Magnet Nursing Excellence Badge and Certificate of Appreciation.
- Award details will be included within the EDNS Newsletter and PAH Nursing Services Annual Review.
- Top Nurses will be showcased within PAH nursing marketing campaigns (permission will be sought).
- Bernadette Clarke, Magnet CNC
- Phone: (07) 3176 2892
Nominations have now closed.