- Enjoy a wide variety of healthy foods
- Avoid snacking on sugary foods between meals
- Tap water is best to drink
- Avoid acidic or sugary drinks between meals
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, especially before bed
- Protect your teeth with a mouth guard or full-face helmet when playing sport
- Have regular dental check-ups
- Avoid smoking
- Limit alcohol
- Exercise regularly
Toothbrushing for kids
Make toothbrushing more fun with the Brush Song. The catchy tune lasts two minutes (as per recommended brushing time) and is designed to make toothbrushing a happy event, instead of at times being a struggle for parents.
The animation was developed for kids under the age of eight who are still learning how to brush and the lyrics take on our dental health messages – use a soft toothbrush with a pea sized amount of fluoride toothpaste, and brush for two minutes, twice a day, every day.
Watch the Brush Song now: