A big congratulations to the six Futures Lab Lean Startup teams who pitched their creative and valuable ideas to the Investment Decision Committee (IDC) in February.
The feedback from the Committee was extremely positive, and they acknowledged the dedication and incredible amount of work undertaken by each of the six teams over the 9-week Lean Startup program.
The Futures Lab are pleased to announce the following four ideas were supported by the IDC to progress to the next design sprint phase of the Lean Startup program to develop a solution ready to trial:
- Team 1: Complex Discharge Support to improve systems and support for complex hospital discharges.
- Team 2: Engaging Community Agencies to support people living alone to safely discharge home.
- Team 3: Virtual Hospital to use virtual health monitoring systems to enable delivery of inpatient care within the home.
- Team 6: Falls in the Community to connect health services and enhance care pathways for people who fall in the community.
Kick-off of this phase has been postponed due to COVID-19 planning and response.
The Committee was also extremely impressed with ideas pitched by the remaining two teams:
- Team 4: Integrated Care to better connect Metro South Health hospitals, Queensland Ambulance Service and General Practitioners in the delivery of care for patients with chronic disease. This idea will be continued as part of an existing strategic project in Metro South Health.
- Team 5: Prisoner Health to explore the establishment of onsite X-ray services at prisons. This idea will continue with West Moreton Prison Health Service.
Want to know more about the Lean Startup Program?
Are you curious to hear first-hand from some of the team members? Watch the video here or visit the website.