The Recovery College provides students with resources to enable the best opportunity to participate and learn. These extend from educational classroom resources to resources you can access from home. Some of these resources are listed below and others will be provided to you within your course.
Rights and Responsibilities
The Brisbane Recovery College provides each student with a copy of the Student Handbook (PDF, 706.19 KB). The Student Handbook outlines what will be provided to you as a student of the college and also what the college expects of you as a student to help you get the most out of this learning opportunity.
The college aims to ensure students:
- are treated fairly, with respect and dignity by staff and students
- every effort is made to ensure information and stories remain private within each workshop
- receive information, guidance, and support on courses and individual learning needs
- provide a safe learning environment that values diversity, life experience, sharing, personal beliefs, religious and cultural practices.
We ask that you as a student:
- behave in a responsible and respectful manner towards students, staff and equipment
- advise the Recovery College staff if you are not able to attend a workshop
- ask questions if you are not sure about anything
- respect the rights, beliefs, privacy, confidentiality, and opinions of others participate in each workshop by sharing any past experiences or skills that you believe are relevant, but only if you are comfortable doing so.
All students and facilitators participating in the Brisbane South Recovery College are required to comply with the COVID-safe plans of the facilities at which the college is conducted. This may include vaccination, wearing of masks and social distancing.
Student wellbeing resources