Our mission statement
We strive to deliver safe, timely & high-quality diagnostic imaging services that align with best practice.
We believe that the patient and their family are the most important part of our service and demonstrate this through our empathy & compassion.
We commit to conducting ourselves with integrity & honesty in all our interactions with patients, team members and stakeholders.
Medical Imaging Services (MIS) at Logan & Beaudesert Hospital are delivered in accordance with all contemporary professional, legislative and quality standards.
- National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards.
- Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Scheme standards.
- Radiation Safety Act (1999) and Radiation Safety Regulation (2010).
Logan Medical Imaging Department
Administration can be contacted on 07) 3299 8826 during business hours: Mondays to Fridays 0800hrs - 1700hrs
- Delivers services to all hospital departments (Inpatients, Outpatients & Emergency).
- Provides MRI/CT services to specialist private referrers
- There is a Medical Imaging Hub (CT, X-Ray & Ultrasound) located within the emergency department and operates 24/7
Logan Medical Imaging Modalities
- Computerised Tomography (CT).
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI),
- Special Procedures - Performed under Fluoroscopy, Ultrasound and CT Guidance
The following imaging services are not available on-site at Logan Hospital and are outsourced to other Queensland Health facilities:
- Nuclear Medicine
- Tier B interventional and fluoroscopy
- BMD and Mammography
Beaudesert Hospital X-Ray Department
Beaudesert Hospital can be contacted on (07) 55 419 911 - 24 hours 7 days a week.
Medical Imaging Department business hours : Monday to Friday 0900hrs - 1700hrs
Medical Imaging Department provides following services:
X-ray services provided for emergency patients, dental/outpatients and inpatients.
After hours emergency X-ray service is available (“on-call”) if deemed required by the treating doctor
All other imaging services are not available at Beaudesert Hospital. These are outsourced primarily to Logan Hospital. If the imaging service is not available at Logan Hospital, then they will be outsourced to other Queensland Health facilities.