A rapid expansion project is now underway at Logan Hospital.
The project includes a $9 million ward, which has been manufactured offsite and then delivered on 12 October at the hospital. This will allow us to open a fully equipped ward in about six months.
The new ward will mean quicker admission times from the emergency department for people with complex medical conditions.
What we’re planning
The project includes:
- a 28-bed medical ward
- all required services including plumbing, medical gases, clinical lighting and nurses’ stations
- a link way connecting the ward to the main hospital building.
The new medical ward will:
- increase the capacity of the hospital quickly to help meet the increasing needs of the community in one of fastest growing regions in the state
- be manufactured offsite and then craned into the hospital grounds, minimising construction impacts at the hospital.
This project allows us to provide new beds early on in the expansion project, which will be delivered in stages over the coming years.
- July 2019: Construction starts off site
- September 2019: Early works on site
- October 2019: Delivery and installation of the building
- March 2020: Opening
What to expect
If you’re visiting the hospital between September and December 2019, you will notice some changes at the front of our campus:
From 9 September 2019:
- Traffic control—There will be periods of traffic control on internal roads to allow for trucks entering the site. Please follow the directions of our traffic controllers.
- Pedestrian access—One side of the road leading to the main hospital entrance will be closed and pedestrians will be directed to the opposite side of the road.
- Prayer Room—The hospital’s Prayer Room will be temporarily relocated to another room, approximately two minutes’ walk from its previous location. Signage is in place to help you find your way to the temporary Prayer Room.