Our new medical ward
A rapid expansion project is now underway at Logan Hospital.
The project includes a $9 million ward, which will be manufactured offsite and then delivered and installed at the hospital.
This will allow us to open a fully equipped ward in about six months—meaning patients who need medical care can be treated sooner.
What we’re planning
The project includes:
- a 28-bed medical ward
- all required services including plumbing, medical gases, clinical lighting and nurses’ stations
- a link way connecting to the main hospital building.
The new medical ward will:
- increase the capacity of the hospital, to help manage the demand for healthcare services in one of the fastest growing regions in the state
- be manufactured offsite and then craned into the hospital grounds, minimising construction impacts
- contain all the services and amenities as a normal hospital ward.
The new medical ward is planned to be delivered in October 2019, prior to opening in early 2020.
This will allow us to add new beds prior to a larger planned expansion project, which will be delivered in stages over the coming years.
- July 2019: Construction starts off site
- September 2019: Early works on site
- October 2019: Installation of building
- Early 2020: Opening
What to expect
If you’re visiting the hospital between September-December 2019, you will notice some changes at the front of our campus:
From 9 September 2019:
- Traffic control—There will be periods of traffic control on internal roads to allow for trucks entering the site. Please follow the directions of our traffic controllers.
- Pedestrian access—One side of the road leading to the main hospital entrance will be closed, and pedestrians will be directed to the opposite side of the road.
- Prayer Room—The hospital’s Prayer Room will be temporarily relocated to another room, approximately two minutes’ walk from its current location. There will be signage to help you find your way.
We thank you for your patience while we build this new healthcare facility for our local community.