Visitors are able to attend our facilities in Metro South Health.
Please refer to our hospital visitor restrictions for current information on visitation restrictions at our facilities and mask requirements.
Mask requirements / physical distancing
All patients and visitors/support persons (where tolerated) must maintain physical distancing where possible and wear a face mask, if safe to do so, if they cannot stay 1.5m apart from other people. Density rules allow one person per two square metres (2m2). You will be required to check in using the Check in Qld app when visiting the hospital. Hospital staff need to adhere to appropriate PPE requirements.
You must not visit hospital if you:
- have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or asked to quarantine
- have had contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- have been overseas (excluding safe travel zone countries) or visited a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days
- are waiting on COVID-19 test results (except for tests due to surveillance testing obligations)
- are unwell in any way, particularly with a fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath
- are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, unless their quarantine period has ended
- have been to an interstate exposure venue in the last 14 days.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
Standard visiting hours
Our visiting hours vary from ward to ward but are generally:
- weekdays between 12pm and 2pm, 3pm and 8pm
- weekends between 12pm and 8pm.
Specific ward visiting hours
Outside of these hours, please check with the nursing staff
|Children's Inpatient Unit (previously known as Ward 2F)||10am to 12pm and 3pm to 8pm|
24-hour visiting for parents
|Maternity Ward 2D/E|
8am to 9pm – one nominated visitor/partner
8am to 8pm – other visitors
|Palliative Care Ward 2GP||Anytime. Entry to hospital after 9pm is to be made via the emergency department. Please report to the triage desk, provide the patient's details and follow the directions of staff|
|Intensive Care Unit||11am to 12pm and 3pm to 8pm|
|Coronary Care (CCU/3CCARD)||11am to 12pm and 3pm to 8pm|
|2G Medical Assessment and Planning Unit||12pm to 8pm|
|Orthopaedics 2I||8am to 8pm|
|Medical Ward 3A||12pm to 8pm|
|Medical Wards 3B/C||12pm to 8pm|
|Mental Health Wards 2B/C||2pm to 8pm|
|Mental Health Ward 2A|
Monday to Friday 3pm to 8pm
Weekends and school holidays 10am to 8pm
|Rehabilitation||12pm to 8pm|
|Ward 2H||Anytime. Please speak with your nurse to arrange entry between 9pm and 6am, through the Emergency Department.|