Logan Hospital is the major health centre for one of the fastest growing regions in the state. We have grown from a 48-bed community hospital in 1990 to a 485-bed1 hospital today, mirroring the rapid growth in population in the Logan region.
Services we provide
We provide acute medical, surgical, rehabilitation, maternity, cardiology, orthopaedics, renal and other specialty services for children and adults.
Logan Hospital is a ‘digital hospital’ with a fully integrated electronic medical record, supporting improvements to the quality and efficiency of healthcare services for patients and the community. We also operate the second busiest emergency department in the state.
A major expansion of Logan Hospital is underway to provide new beds and treatment spaces to provide more healthcare services for the local community. The work includes:
- a new general medical ward with 28 beds (opened in February 2020)
- a new Mental Health Lounge in the Emergency Department (opened in March 2020)
- a major expansion of the main hospital providing 206 additional beds and treatment spaces across four new floors
- a refurbishment of the hospital’s maternity and neonatal services
- a new multi-level car park for staff, patients and visitors.
As a teaching hospital, we help train future health care professionals and participate in research through strong partnerships with Queensland’s leading tertiary institutions.
In the 2018-2019 financial year, there were:
- 91,233 patients admitted to the hospital
- 93,508 patients admitted to the emergency department
- 220,478 outpatient clinic appointments
- 3,619 babies born.
Logan Hospital employs more than 2,400 staff2 including:
- doctors including visiting medical officers
- health professionals
- operational officers
- managerial and clerical officers.
1. Including bed alternatives
2. Full time equivalent staff