Now’s your chance to train in a modern, fast-paced, complex clinical environment.
Logan Hospital in South East Queensland is currently experiencing unprecedented growth. Our $145 million expansion project has transformed the hospital and includes new emergency department, children’s inpatient ward and rehabilitation unit.
Fast facts about working at Logan Hospital
- Specialist training in most medical specialities
- 77,000 Emergency Department presentations annually
- 25 minutes to Brisbane CBD
- 30 minutes to the Gold Coast
- Free staff parking, and a bus stop and railway station adjacent to the hospital.
We provide accredited education and training for 40 interns, including rural generalist pathway trainees. The intern year consists of five 10-12 week terms, and provides appropriate rotations to fulfil general registration requirements.
Compulsory terms (3)
- Emergency Medicine
- Surgery / Orthopaedics
Non-compulsory terms (2)
- Emergency Medicine
- Intensive Care
- Medicine - General
- Medicine - Specialties include Cardiology, Palliative Care and Respiratory
- Mental Health - Adult and Adolescent
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Surgery - General and ENT
5 weeks leave can be taken during a non-compulsory term.
Rotations for Interns are also available at QEII Jubilee Hospital (Anaesthetics and Surgery).
Your future training opportunities
Information on furthering your career after Internship at Logan Hospital:
RMO recruitment 2017
Education and training
Our Medical Education Unit offers personal and professional support for junior doctors by:
- providing ongoing support for interns from the Director of Clinical Training, Medical Education Officers and Medical Education Registrar
- coordinating education programs in accordance with the Australian Curriculum Framework for Junior Doctors and the Australian Medical Council Intern training – national standards for programs
- developing new educational opportunities, e.g. medical simulation training.
Education and training include:
- twice weekly junior doctor medical education program
- practical clinical skills workshops
- weekly Medical Grand Rounds and departmental medical meetings
- unit based resident teaching programs
- multi-disciplinary simulation centre;
- new Metro South learning management system (in 2015).
2014 New interns start at Logan Hospital
2014 Queensland's first Indigenous intergenerational doctors