Brisbane South Primary Health Network (BSPHN) is committed to working with Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs) and general practices to prevent unnecessary hospital transfers and improve patient care outcomes by providing a service that will directly decrease the number of non-acute hospital services/unnecessary hospital transfers by the Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) from RACFs in the after-hours period.
To specifically target this health need outlined in the Whole of Region Needs Assessment (WORNA), BSPHN is proposing a service to provide out of hours clinical support and guidance and mobile clinical outreach to RACFs. It is aimed at improving the patient journey and experience and decreasing the burden on secondary and tertiary care.
• Improved consistency of / accessibility to clinical care
• Improved patient health outcomes
• Improved health professionals knowledge and confidence
• Demonstrated value for money of service/alternative treatment vs hospital costs
• Reduced potentially preventable hospital admissions, emergency department presentations and/or length of stay
• Positive consumer experience and satisfaction