- About us
- Hospitals and centres
- Patients and visitors
- Join our team
- Get involved
- Clinician resources
- Refer your patient
Quality of life prior to death in a patient’s setting of choice affects the patient and the mental and physical wellbeing of family. In addition to the gains in patient care outcomes, quality palliative and end-of-life care provides efficiencies and cost savings by reducing dependence on the hospital system for end-of-life care.
Together with the Advance Health Directive, Resuscitation Plan and Enduring Power of Attorney, Advanced Care Planning (ACP) is a primary component of ‘End of Life Planning’.
By listening well, accurately recording decisions and sharing these decisions with the appropriate people, interventions will be based on informed choices. This minimises the burden of complex decision making in critical situations where time is of the essence.
This project is a collaboration between Brisbane South Primary Health Network (BSPHN) and Metro South Palliative Care Service (MSHHSPCS) to improve advance care planning in Brisbane South.
• Increased uptake of Advance Care Planning for target sites, enhancing the patient health journey toward the end of life
• Improved health professionals knowledge and confidence
• Positive consumer experience and satisfaction
• Improved access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place
• Demonstrated value for money of service/alternative treatment vs hospital costs