Our services, programs and resources aim to improve the health of people experiencing homelessness and reduce homelessness in our region.
The following teams work together as the Metro South Homeless Services:
- Homeless Health Outreach Team (HHOT)
- Addiction Homeless Health Outreach Team (AHHOT)
- Transitional Housing Team
- Emergency Department Homeless Liaison Officers at Logan Hospital and Princess Alexandra Hospital.
Many of these services are coordinated in partnership with Metro South Health's Addiction and Mental Health Service.
Health for Homeless Action Committee
We also aim to ensure that people who are homeless or vulnerably housed can access equitable and appropriate health services.
We do this through a Health for Homeless Action Committee, which focuses on the following areas:
- Identifying gaps in service delivery and developing strategies to reduce those gaps.
- Development of a Metro South Health Action Plan for people who are homeless or vulnerably housed.
- Raising awareness of access and equity issues for people who are homeless or vulnerably housed.
- Identifying emerging issues that may affect health services and developing strategies to reduce the impact.
- Contributing to the development of policies and procedures which improve health service delivery for people who are homeless or vulnerably housed.
The program is coordinated by Metro South Health’s Access and Capacity-building Team.