Are our opportunities right for you?
Here are a few questions you might like to consider:
- What are my motivations for volunteering?
- Why choose the PA Hospital?
- What skills do I want to contribute or learn?
- How much time can I commit?
Applying to volunteer
If we don’t have anything right for you, right now, please check back in regularly and consider joining our Metro South Health Community of Interest.
To find other volunteering opportunities that suit your passions, motivations, availability and location visit the Volunteering Queensland page.
If you do not have an email address and you would prefer information printed in hardcopy and sent to your home address, please call our Volunteer Services Unit on (07) 3176 5605.
Visiting volunteer groups
There are also many community sector support organisations who are engaged in delivering various volunteer programs and services at our hospital. Their services are generally managed by the separate clinical divisions and departmental staff, except when a group is providing facility wide services and then they are managed by the Volunteer Services Unit.
Examples of Visiting Volunteer Groups managed by the Volunteer Services Unit:
About our volunteers
- Every day volunteers make an immeasurable impact on the greater PA Hospital community.
- Every week we engage approximately 150 volunteers in our programs.
- Every month volunteers collectively contribute over 2500 hours of service.
- Every year we evolve to meet the changing needs of the hospital and the community.