Director’s Choice Seminar - Clinical Trials - How can we do them better?
Professors John Upham and Maher Gandhi are leading this informative seminar as we delve into how we can do clinical trials better. Speakers and panellists will highlight enablers and barriers to clinical trials in Brisbane based on their experience and expertise along with the big-picture learnings and what they believe needs to be done to improve clinical trials research.
A Q&A session will give all attendees the opportunity to raise their ideas and concerns. Our speakers and panel members together share a wealth of experience and expertise in running clinical trials in Queensland and internationally.
Date: Tuesday 15 June 2021
Time: 12 – 1pm
Location: TRI Auditorium
Online: Join via Zoom
- Ms Enna Stroil-Salama, Project Manager – Research Strategy Implementation, Metro South Health
- Prof Carmel Hawley, Senior Staff Specialist and Director of Haemodialysis Services Princess Alexandra Hospital; Professor of Medicine, School of Medicine, The University of Queensland; Chair, Australasian Kidney Trials network (AKTN)
- A/Prof Jake Began, Senior Research Fellow, Group Leader – Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD), Mater Research; Consultant Gastroenterologist, Mater Hospital Brisbane, Mater Private Hospital and Queen Elizabeth II Hospital; Senior Lecturer, The University of Queensland
- Dr Rahul Ladwa, Consultant Medical Oncologist, Princess Alexandra Hospital; Visiting Clinical Fellow, Queensland University of Technology
- Dr Helen Benham, Clinical Translation Director, TRI; Rheumatologist, Princess Alexandra Hospital; Senior Lecturer, The University of Queensland; Director, Board of the Princess Alexandra Research Foundation; Chair, Arthritis Queensland