Metro South Health offers comprehensive dental therapy and hygiene services for eligible children and adolescents in our region.
Children are eligible for free dental care if they hold a Medicare Card and are:
- aged 4 through to students in year 10
- students in years 11 or 12 who have a current Centrelink, Healthcare or Pension Card
- aged 0–3 whose parents have a current Pension Concession Card (Centrelink and Department of Veterans Affairs issued) or a Health Care Card.
- 2–17 year olds who are eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule.
Making an appointment
To make an appointment for your child, simply call our Oral Health Hub:
1300 300 850 Cost of a local call. Calls from mobile phones may be charged at a higher rate. Please check with your telephone service provider.
Our friendly staff will help you make an appointment at a time and location convenient to you.
The Oral Health Hub is open Monday to Friday between the following hours:
- Monday 7.30 am - 4.00 pm
- Tuesday 7.30 am - 4.00 pm
- Wednesday 7.30 am - 4.00 pm
- Thursday 7.30 am - 3.00 pm
- Friday 7.30 am - 4.00 pm
What do I need to bring to my child's appointment?
- the Medicare card on which this child is listed
- details of medications/medical conditions for your child
Attending the appointment
We provide a family-centred oral health service, which supports good oral health across a person's whole lifespan.
A parent or legal guardian is required to attend every dental appointment with their children.
Children can access oral health care at any of the following clinics.
School dental clinics
In addition to our primary dental clinics, we have clinics at the following schools:
- Beaudesert State School
- Cleveland State School
- Inala State School
- Kingston State School
- Richlands East State School.
The Mobile Dental Van located at Emmaus College Jimboomba has also re-opened.