Visitor Restrictions at our facilities due to COVID-19
Greater Brisbane restrictions have eased and that means we are now accepting visitors at our hospitals.
Patients can have as many visitors at our hospitals at any one time, for any length of time within visiting hours, however it is important to note that some restrictions remain in certain areas of our hospitals to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep you, our patients and our staff safe - which is our highest priority.
When you visit our hospitals
Visitors must practise physical distancing of 1.5 metres. More than two visitors are permitted to provide end-of-life support and you may be asked to check in and provide contact details when visiting the hospital.
You must not visit hospital if you:
- have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or asked to quarantine
- have had contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- have been overseas (excluding safe travel zone countries) or visited a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days
- are waiting on COVID-19 test results (except for tests due to surveillance testing obligations)
- are unwell in any way, particularly with a fever, cough, sore throat and shortness of breath.
- Visitors are welcome.
- Additional restrictions apply for some wards, these include:
- Birth suites - 2 support persons per birth 24 hours a day
- Maternity Inpatient Ward - 2 visitors at a time, during visiting hours (8am-8pm), ensure physical distancing
- Special Care Nursery - Parents only, one at a time. No children please (8am-8pm)
- Antenatal appointments, Maternity Assessment Unit - 1 support person
- Inpatient Children's Ward - Up to 2 support persons.
- Visitors are welcome between 8am and 8pm (rest period in Women and Birthing Unit and HDU from 2pm-4pm). If in doubt, please check visiting hours with your specific ward.
- There are no limit to the number of visitors or hours of duration.
- Beaudesert Hospital has person directed visiting hours, however the following restrictions will apply:
- Birth Suites - 2 support persons per birth 24 hours a day
- Maternity Inpatient Ward - 2 visitors at a time, ensure physcial distancing
- Antenatal appointments, Maternity Assessment Unit - 2 support persons.
Princess Alexandra Hospital
The lockdown has now been removed and services have returned to normal.
- Visitors are welcome between 10am-8pm.
Visitors between the hours of 8am and 8pm. Some limitations are in place for Outpatients and Intensive Care Units. Please call ahead to confirm.
- Each patient may have:
- Two people per patient
- For two hours per day
- If this does not suit family, cultural or community expectations, please advise staff so needs can be accommodated.
We understand that there may be situations that will need special consideration and ask that you please call ahead to speak with staff in your ward/area.
Exceptions may be granted for patients in:
- Palliative Care/End-of-life care
- Intensive Care
Other exemptions may be granted for emergency or other compassionate grounds.
Thank you for your support and understanding.