Our Audiology team provides a range of hearing assessment and rehabilitation services. Audiologists are health care professionals who specialise in in identifying, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disorders of the auditory and vestibular system parts of the ear.
Princess Alexandra Hospital's audiology services include:
- basic hearing assessments, including:
- pure tone audiometry
- immittance audiometry
- speech audiometry
- otoacoustic emission testing.
- complex hearing assessments, including:
- central auditory perceptual function testing
- auditory evoked potential assessments (auditory brainstem response
- audiometry, auditory late response audiometry)
- facial nerve testing (electroneuronography).
- rehabilitative services, including:
- tinnitus assessment and management
- hearing aid bank
- coordination of inpatient hearing aid services.
- special services, including:
- intraoperative cranial nerve monitoring
- hearing threshold measurement under general anaesthetics.