- About advance care planning
- How to complete an advance care plan
- Queensland advance care planning forms
- Information for GPs
- ACP resources
- About us
The Statewide Office of Advance Care Planning is a statewide service (funded by Queensland Health) that helps to promote the important processes of advance care planning. Queensland is the first State/Territory in Australia to have a statewide, standardised clinical approach to receive, review and upload advance care planning documents.
The Statewide Office of Advance Care Planning:
1. The Statewide Office of ACP receives Statement of Choices (SoC), Advance Health Directive (AHD), Enduring Power of Attorney (EPOA), Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) Orders and revocation documents from individuals, hospitals, health services, GPs and residential aged care facilities across Queensland. Documents are reviewed, and if complete, are uploaded to the person's Queensland Health hospital record (The Viewer1) supporting:
2. To inform health service planning, the Statewide Office of Advance Care Planning manages a de-identified central database of Queenslanders’ preferences for end-of-life care, as they appear on the Statement of Choices. Learn more about the privacy and confidentiality policies that protect the de-identified data.
Please remember to send a copy of completed advance care planning documents to the Statewide Office of Advance Care Planning, for review and upload to the person’s Queensland Health electronic hospital record (The Viewer) via:
Fax: 1300 008 227
Post: PO Box 2274, Runcorn Qld 4113
To view a video about the ACP Tracker app (in The Viewer), and learn how this is supporting quality end-of-life care, please click here.
1The Viewer is a web-based application that provides consolidated clinical information about each patient who receives treatment or care at a Queensland Health facility. The Viewer ensures Queensland Health clinical staff and GPs have timely access to a patient’s public healthcare information.
The Statewide Office of Advance Care Planning is a free service provided by Queensland Health.
Statewide Office of Advance Care Planning
PO Box 2274, Runcorn Qld 4113
Phone: 1300 007 227
Fax: 1300 008 227